Planning a Dunedin winter vacation can be quite overwhelming because of the sheer number of places that you can visit. However, there is one destination that you shouldn’t miss if you want a one-of-a-kind winter experience that you will cherish for a long time—a winter haven in New Zealand—called Dunedin. There are a myriad of things that you can do while there and the long list includes skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and so much more!
To enjoy the above mentioned activities, it would be best in avail a Hertz Dunedin car rental. With this, you don’t have to worry about bringing your equipment and transferring from one method of public transport to another. On the other hand, it should be noted that there are certain things that you need to consider if you’re travelling during the winter season. You should pay extra attention to them, especially if you’re coming from a tropical country.
- Bear in mind that snow, cold winds, among other winter elements can have a negative impact on your vehicle, even if it is top-of-the-line. With this in mind, make sure that your anti-freeze solutions are topped off.
- Your fuel tank should be at least half-full because tanks with low fuel levels are prone to inappropriate moisture and condensation, which may make it difficult for your engine to start.
- Double-check your tires so as to ensure that they are properly inflated and have adequate thread. This is important because improperly inflated tires may compromise handling, especially when travelling fast.
- Avail a Dunedin car rental vehicle that comes with an anti-lock brake system and (if possible) with traction control features. This part is relatively easy because there are a myriad of rental sedans, compact-SUVs, SUVs that come with the said safety features.
- Make sure that your windows as well as your windshield are clear before leaving your hotel or vacation apartment. As simple as it may seem, failure to give importance to this aspect can greatly endanger your welfare because it may reduce visibility. Simply put, it’s an accident that is waiting to happen.
Winter vacations—particularly a vacation haven such as Dunedin, New Zealand—can be exceptionally fun and overwhelmingly exciting. Bear in mind, however, that there are certain precautionary measures that you should not neglect if you’re opting for a self-drive Dunedin car rental vehicle.