Please note that at the time of rental you will need to present a current driver's license and the valid major credit card used for the Pay Now rental. If you have questions about the acceptability of your form of payment, please call Hertz.
CHANGES TO RESERVATIONS
1. Hertz will allow customers to make changes to a reservation:
a. Online by the 'Modify/Cancel' reservation page
b. By calling the Internet Helpdesk
2. No modification administration fee will be made for changes made online. Hertz reserves the right to charge an administration fee for changes made by calling the Internet Helpdesk.
3. Any change made to a booking made online or through the call centre will be recalculated based on the availability and prices at the time the change is made. This may be greater or lesser than the price originally booked. This applies to changes made to:
a. Drop off location
b. Pick up date and time
c. Drop off time and date
d. Car group
e. Airline and flight number
g. Child seats
h. All other additional products
4. The lead customer name and the pick up location on a reservation cannot be changed. If a customer wishes to change the lead name or the pick up location, then they must cancel the reservation (see terms and conditions for Cancellations) and make a new reservation.
5. The customer will be asked to enter a valid credit card number at the end of a change to a prepaid reservation. This MUST be the same credit card that was used for the original reservation. If the customer wishes to change the credit card, then the original reservation must be cancelled (see terms and conditions for Cancellations) and a new reservation made.
6. If no cars are available for the location and date requested, then the customer will see the message: 'No cars available at this location for this date or duration'. The customer should try to change the dates or location for pick up.
7. If no prepaid rates are available for the location, date or other requests made, the customer will see the message: 'No prepaid available'. If the customer sees this message, they may cancel the original reservation (see terms and conditions for Cancellations) and make a new reservation if a non-prepaid rate is available.
8. CDP: A CDP code can be added to a reservation. However, there may be circumstances in which this CDP code is linked to a negotiated discount or rate that does not match Hertz retail prepaid rates. In this circumstance, the customer will see the error message: 'No prepaid available'. The customer may cancel the original reservation (see terms and conditions for Cancellations) and make a new reservation adding the CDP number.
9. #1 Club or Gold numbers cannot be added to an existing reservation online.
If you wish to cancel your reservation for any reason you must telephone Hertz on your local Hertz number (listed below) and be ready to quote the information contained on the front of this Reservation Confirmation. Cancellation is not valid by any other method.
If the cancellation is made no later than midnight two (2) days before the date of your scheduled pick up a full refund will be made to you.
If you cancel your reservation within two (2) days of your scheduled pick up we will charge a Cancellation Fee of AUD$70 including GST (GST only applicable for Australian domestic rentals) to cover our administration costs. For all bookings to rent overseas we will refund your prepayment, less the Cancellation.
For bookings made to rent in Australia, we will refund your prepayment in full and the Cancellation fee will be charged to your preferred method of payment within 14 days from the cancellation date.
NO SHOW/LOST RENTAL
If you fail to cancel your reservation prior to the Pick Up Time and do not collect the vehicle on the Pick Up Date, or if you fail to comply with the Pick Up terms (see below), we will charge a No Show/Lost Rental Fee of AUD $150 including GST (GST only applicable for Australian domestic rentals), which recovers our administration costs and compensates us for our inability to rent the vehicle when it was reserved for your use. For all bookings to rent overseas we will refund your prepayment, less the No Show Fee. For bookings made to rent in Australia, we will refund your prepayment in full and the No Show Fee will be charged to your preferred method of payment within 14 days from pick up/no show date.
CHANGES AT TIME OF PICK UP
1. If at the time of vehicle collection you wish to rent a larger car or rent for a longer period, you may do so, subject to availability, on payment of additional charges. Such charges will be quoted in the currency of the renting country and may be at a higher rate than those previously quoted.
1. Please note that we are unable to give a refund if you return the vehicle early.